From 1st August 2023 the majority of GP’s at Carlingford Court Medical Centre will work under a Hybrid Billing structure.
Bulk Billing is available for:
- All patients up to the age of 25,
- Pensioners holding a valid Pensioner card,
- Healthcare card holders holding a current Healthcare card,
- DVA and Veteran Affairs’ card holders,
- Flu shots, Boostrix, Covid vaccines and other routine immunisations,
- Health assessments,
- Diabetic assessments.
All other patients:
- A gap fee of around $30 will apply for your first 5 visits with your doctor per year Jan-Dec.
- After 5 paid visits with your ‘specific’ doctor, any further visits with ‘that doctor’ in the remaining Jan-Dec period are Bulk Billed.
- So if you stay with your same doctor, you will be Bulk Billed from your 6th visit on-wards each year (based on Jan-Dec) by that doctor.
- The standard consultation is $70 and you will receive a rebate of $41 from Medicare. Longer consultations cost more, but the gap remains the same.
- Fees on the weekends are slightly higher starting from $80, but the rebate is also higher.
- UNDER THIS SYSTEM, IF YOU STAY WITH YOUR SAME DOCTOR, OVER A ONE YEAR PERIOD JANUARY-DECEMBER, THE MOST YOU WILL BE OUT OF POCKET IS $150 (some doctors vary).
These billings apply to both face to face visits and telephone consultations